Cost of a Bail Bond in White County, Indiana?
The cost of a bond in White County, Indiana varies from case to case. There are a number of factors and scenarios that contribute to the amount of bail set for a defendant. This blog will further explain the bond amounts for certain types of arrests in White County, Indiana.
General Bail bond Fees in White County, IN
Bail bond fees in White County, Indiana are the same as all bail bond fees throughout the state. A bail bondsman is allowed to charge no more than 10% of the premium bail amount set. This means, if a defendants premium bail is set for $10,000, the bail bondsman will charge $1,000 to coordinate the release of an arrestee. These terms pertain to State Courts only. If it is a Federal Court case, the cost of bail jumps to 15% of the set bond amount. In Immigration Courts, the bail cost is 20% of the bond amount.
FELONY BAIL COSTS IN WHITE COUNTY, INDIANA
MURDER NO BAIL
CLASS A FELONY $50,000 BOND
CLASS B FELONY $20,000 BOND
CLASS C FELONY $7,500 BOND
CLASS D FELONY $2,500 BOND
Class A, B, and C felonies will double in amount if any of the following pertains to the defendant:
1. The defendant has more than two “failures to appear” in court.
2. The alleged offense involves serious bodily injury and/or a deadly weapon.
3. There are/were two or more alleged victims.
4. The defendant already has two prior felony convictions.
5. The defendant is a resident somewhere other than Marion County.
6. The defendant has been arrested while on parole, probation, or another bond.
7. The defendant has 10+ prior arrests (excluding public intoxication arrests).
Class D felonies will double, up to $5,000 in bond, if any of the following pertains to the defendant:
1. The defendant is a resident somewhere other than Marion County.
2. The defendant has a prior “failure to appear”
3. The defendant has any previous felony convictions.
4. The defendant is charged with one or more of the offenses listed below:
Resisting A Police Officer/s
Strangulation Criminal Recklessness
Pointing a Firearm
Criminal Gang Activity
MISDEMEANOR BAIL COSTS IN WHITE COUNTY, INDIANA
Class A Misdemeanor $1,500 Bond
Class B Misdemeanor $1,500 Bond
Class B Misdemeanor $1,500 Bond
Class C Misdemeanor $1,500 Bond
1. Domestic Violence:
CLASS C FELONY $25,000 BOND
CLASS D FELONY $10,000 BOND (PLUS ADDITIONAL FEES)
CLASS A MISDEMEANOR $5,000 (PLUS ADDITIONAL FEES)
2. OWI Misdemeanor Cases:
BAIL IS $1,500 plus $1,000 FOR EVERY PRIOR CONVICTION
3. Invasion of Privacy:
CLASS D FELONY $10,000 BOND
CLASS A MISDEMEANOR $5,000 BOND (PLUS ADDITIONAL FEES)
4. Court Thirteen Cases:
MISDEMEANOR TRAFFIC OFFENSE
5. Sexually Violent Cases
CHILD MOLESTATION OR CHILD SOLICITATION $ NO BOND
TRIAL COURT WILL SET A BOND HEARING. THE ARRESTEE PROCESSING CENTER COMMISSIONER WILL SET THIS HEARING IN THE CORRESPONDING COURT WITHIN A PERIOD OF 48 HOURS.
PROVISIONAL BAIL AMOUNT REVIEW
So long as it’s not a felony court case, the trial courts in which the case was assigned will review the bail set within the following time frames:
1. Five days from the day of arrest by the Arrestee Processing Center Commissioner
2. With in five days of receiving the Receipt of Motion of the State or the defendant
If you have questions such as how long it takes to bail someone out of jail, or what information you need to post bail, call Justice Bail Bonds, twenty four seven. We are standing by with all your White County Bail Bonds information right now!